1. A narcissist threatens you in order to intimidate you. He wants you to stop thinking for yourself and listen blindly to everything he says.
2. They are capable of attacking you for having endured someone’s bad behavior, while on the other hand, they disrespect you every day.
3. They give you questionable compliments, which often sound more like an insult than a praise.
4. They’re putting you in the dark because they can’t manage your success. In their world, they are the best, the most intelligent and the most beautiful; the rest have no value.
5. They create a perfect exterior image of themselves. For those who don’t know them, they look impeccable and brilliant.
6. They will do everything to preserve the image they have built. If that means they have to crush someone to do it, they won’t think twice.
7. They will never commit to anything. But kindly, they will let you tackle the problem and once you have solved it, they will convince you that you did a bad job and that they could have done it much better.
8. They don’t even consider you a person, like someone independent. They see you as an extension of themselves.
9. Fear is their main weapon. By using fear, they have total control over you.
10. Whenever something is wrong, they hold you responsible and tell you that you are too emotional to handle life.
11. Vulnerability is a disadvantage; it is a weakness in the eyes of any narcissist because they are done differently.
12. Their insurance is not something that is false. They really think they are the best there are.
13. They will exaggerate an event from the past and convince you that it happened exactly as they said, and that you forgot about it because you were “too emotional”.
14. They purposely trap you so that they can appear as your “savior” when you fall.
15. They’ll hurt you on purpose so they can use their plan to apologize – in other words, to convince you.
16. They never miss the opportunity to publicly humiliate you.
17. They threaten to destroy or take your belongings.
18. They humiliate you whenever they have the opportunity and yet they wonder why you lack self-confidence.
19. They cannot control their emotions because they are not related to them.
20. They always threaten you with leaving because they want you to beg them to stay. They need to hear that you need them and that you cannot live without them.
21. One way for them to make sure they have total control over you is to make you think that you are not good enough.
They need you to think very little about yourself, and to be thankful for having them in life. Because according to him, you are lucky that someone really loves you.
22. They verbally abuse you whenever you don’t do what they want.
23. Your whole relationship revolves around control. Narcissists need to be in control.
If they don’t have it, they are ready to destroy you emotionally to the point where you will no longer be able to recognize yourself, just so that you can respond to each of their whims.
24. If at some point in your relationship you become sober and try to find a way out of it, if you resist them, they will not support it. Right after your rebellion, they will punish you.
25. They catch you in their web and it will be almost impossible for you to untie yourself.
26. When it suits them, they show their emotions and they give love, but when it doesn’t suit them, they withdraw them, which is heartbreaking for anyone who is not a sociopath.
27. They are responsible for finances.
28. They are always investigating behind your back because they need to know everything that’s going on around them.
29. Every decision you make, they will question. It is not because they do not trust you, it is because they want you to doubt yourself after a certain number of comments “you are good for nothing”.
30. They make sure that being yourself is unacceptable. They want to change your person and trample your self-esteem so that you start to believe that you have to change.
31. They constantly point out your faults and tell you face to face that you have to change and what they don’t like.
32. Every mistake you make will be used against you. It is as if you were not allowed to make a mistake, while on the other hand, their mistakes do not count because they will never admit to having made them.
33. If you try to deal with silence, they will do everything in their power to provoke you and make you speak so that they can change the facts again.
34. They will never leave you alone because they need this relationship much more than you do. You are their source of narcissism, something they cannot do without. Thus, they will ruin you, pushing you to leave while trying to keep you around.
35. Unfortunately, in the end, the right person ends up being shot emotionally while the bad guy goes on to the next victim, looking perfect in the eyes of a stranger.