The first dates with your possible future girlfriend or boyfriend are never easy. You don’t know each other much yet and it may seem like there isn’t much to talk about. And so inevitably there may be some great blanks in the conversation. And for every second of blank, you are going to feel more and more embarrassed and it may ruin your romantic date.
Fortunately, here is a selection of 10 questions that should help you fill in those blanks and energize your first discussions. let’s start!
CONVERSATION TOPICS FOR A FIRST DATE
- Where were you on your last vacation? What did you do? Like what?
- What kind of music do you listen to? Which band do you like? What’s the last concert you saw?
- What are you studying? What are you working on? Your dream job?
- Which celebrity would you like to date?
- If you were forced to eat at only one restaurant until the end of your days, which one would you choose?
- What would you be ready (or not ready) to do for a million euros?
- What is your favorite TV series? Your favorite film?
- If you could re-incarnate into someone who would you choose?
- What is the thing you did that you are most proud of? The least proud?
- What’s the worst love experience you’ve ever had?
Normally, with all these questions, you will be able to get to know your future partner a little better and to understand his personality a little better. You will be able to see if this is someone for you and if you want to have a second date with him.
If you’re further in the relationship and you’ve been on a few dates before, you can start spicing up the questions a bit to see how the other person is reacting. Watch how she behaves, if she blushes, if she is uncomfortable or if she seems to like your advances, to want to go further.
CONVERSATION TOPICS TO AVOID
On the other hand, there are topics of conversation that should absolutely be avoided, which are taboo for a first meeting.
For example, don’t ask how much of a romantic relationship he had before you. No need to talk about the past, focus on the present moment, and your possible relationship.
Don’t talk too much about the future, either. Do not start making plans and talking about the names of your future children, where you will live, and the color of your common room. Allow time to pass to start talking about these topics. There is no emergency. At the moment you are discovering yourself and asking yourself simple and funny questions.
I hope that with these conversation topics you will succeed in avoiding blanks when you first meet. But don’t be too scared if there is, that doesn’t mean it’s a missed date! It’s normal at first to not really know what to say to your girlfriend.