Narcissistic abuse is a form of emotional abuse that occurs when a person with narcissistic traits or personality disorder exploits and manipulates their partner or anyone they are in a relationship with. This can happen in any type of relationship, be it romantic, familial, or professional. Narcissistic abusers often use tactics such as gaslighting, blame-shifting, and isolation to control and dominate their victims.
If you have experienced narcissistic abuse, it’s important to know that you are not alone and that it’s not your fault. The following 15 raw quotes aim to provide comfort and validation to those who have experienced it, as well as raise awareness about its devastating effects.
- “I was so in love with the person I thought you were, that I didn’t realize the monster you actually were until it was too late.”
- “You made me feel like I was the crazy one, but now I see that it was just your gaslighting.”
- “I thought I was strong enough to handle your abuse, but I had to leave to save myself.”
- “You used my vulnerabilities against me, but now I see that they are my strengths.”
- “I used to think that love was enough, but you showed me that it’s not when it’s one-sided.”
- “You made me believe that I was nothing without you, but now I know that I am everything without you.”
- “I gave you everything, but you took advantage of my kindness and used it against me.”
- “You made me feel like I was the problem, but now I see that you were the toxic one all along.”
- “You made me feel like I was crazy for questioning your behavior, but now I see that my intuition was right.”
- “You used my love for you as a weapon to hurt me, but now I am healing and learning to love myself.”
- “You tried to break me, but you only made me stronger.”
- “I may have fallen for your lies, but I am rising above them.”
- “You made me feel like I was never enough, but now I know that I am more than enough.”
- “You thought you could control me, but now I am free from your grip.”
- “You may have hurt me, but you will never break me.”
If you have experienced narcissistic abuse, remember that healing takes time and it’s okay to seek help from a therapist or support group. You are not alone, and you deserve to be treated with respect and kindness.