Is it possible for you to imagine a cold and hard human being (qualified as human because, unfortunately, there is no other official word to identify this species) in a relation with a soft, sensitive empath and magnet ?
I have chills just at the thought of it, but I am afraid that it is real as a situation.
You would think that such opposites would never meet, but they almost always end up together and the result is devastating.
The only thing this relationship can give birth to is an injured and broken victim who scratches the surface of the glass prison to get out of it – trying and failing time and time again.
Seen from the outside, one would think that an empath trapped in a relationship with a narcissist is free because it is the global image that it gives us.
When in fact it is the main game of the narcissist – assault and manipulate, while appearing completely innocent himself.
As a result, the victim ends up in a glass prison. It is believed to be free, but in fact it is trapped.
If you’re wondering what it feels like to be a prisoner of narcissism, read the steps each empath goes through in a relationship with a narcissist.
1. A boy sees a girl. Their eyes meet and the love story begins. The girl thinks she has found the love of her life, the man of her dreams. The truth is that she did not find the man of her dreams, but her worst nightmare.
2. The narcissist convinces the empathetic woman that she is the person he expected. He gives her everything she has always dreamed of.
He lies and pretends to be something he is not to gain his trust – to make him believe everything he says, which is not strange because his early behavior is supported by a soft and almost unrealistic appearance.
3. After steps 1 and 2, the narcissist enters the most important step of manipulation and control.
Over a long period of time, it works to destroy the self-esteem and self-esteem of the empathic woman.
Thanks to a large number of tactics, he succeeds in his plan. He assumes the role of the dominant in the relationship, ensuring that the empathic woman has no say.
4. The empathetic woman will never stand up to the narcissist at this stage of their relationship. She withdraws and reluctantly accepts the labels that the narcissist gives her, which will gradually lead her to believe that she is really incompetent and unworthy of love and respect.
5. Empaths will put their heart and soul into their relationship. Their intentions are pure and their love is selfless.
After all, you don’t choose who you fall in love with. Unfortunately, sometimes you fall in love with evil and your heart is broken, you find yourself at the lowest point of your life. No one can prepare for this. No one can predict or avoid it.
Empaths often fall into this trap because they are selfless. They are donors – exactly what every narcissist needs.
6. Slowly, the empathic woman realizes that the relationship in which she finds herself is not healthy. She gradually realizes that the narcissist can only love himself. Unfortunately, having arrived there, it is already too difficult to get out of it.
The empathic woman is always under great pressure and she feels enormous fear because she knows everything the narcissist is capable of.
So she continues to satisfy each of her needs just to avoid problems.
7. As long as the empathic woman does whatever the narcissist wants, there will be no problems in the relationship. And the more love and devotion she puts into it, the more the narcissist will feel that she has control.
Narcissists know that as long as empaths struggle to keep their relationship alive, everything is going the way it wants.
Once the empathetic woman begins to break the unhealthy bond, the narcissist begins to feel threatened.
8. Finally, the empathic woman acts. She finally admits that she has been mistreated and that she no longer wants to live this kind of relationship.
She needs more; she needs true and selfless love and she doesn’t get it. The narcissist is not satisfied with this awareness. In fact, he feels threatened and this makes him even more dangerous.
9. What actually happens is that the empath realizes that the narcissist will never have enough attention, and that none of his actions and the fulfillment of the narcissist’s wishes will ever meet his need insatiable attention.
10. Desperate, the narcissist goes into overly manipulative mode. Her next move is to convince the empathetic woman that all the bad things that happened in their relationship are her fault. He will convince her that she is too needy and too demanding.
11. Then she will stop for a second and question herself. Since her self-esteem has still not been recovered and she is still very vulnerable, she will believe her bullshit and seriously begin to doubt herself and her behavior. This is exactly the narcissistic game tactic.
12. The problem is that the empathic woman does not understand that she has been manipulated. Once the narcissist is in his head and he has confused his mind, she will come back to him and open up.
She will tell him how she really feels and how much she is suffering. Unfortunately, these emotions will not reach the narcissist, who will rather make him wear the hat without feeling guilty.
Empaths will openly admit that they think they are going insane. Nothing makes a narcissist happier than hearing this because at that point, the empath becomes easily controllable.
13. This is where the empathetic woman makes the biggest mistake. She believes in the lies of the narcissist.
Instead of accepting the pain and understanding that what she is feeling right now is normal because she has been hurt, she feels guilty and thinks she has done something wrong.
14. Despite the misfortune that struck her, the empathic woman will find a way to calm down, take a step back to reassess the situation and try to understand what a mess she is in.
Believe me, after a long fight, the empath will find a way to get away from the narcissist!
15. Empaths need to understand that not all people are worthy of their love and attention.
They have to prepare for the fact that unfortunately there are bad people, people who only take care of themselves without fear of crushing anyone in their way. Empaths need to recognize that not everyone is like them.
The story ends with the empath struggling to get back on its feet, feeling defeated, embarrassed and broken.
Meanwhile, the narcissist continues without regret, as if nothing had happened, as if the empath never existed.
And this is the sad truth. We invest with all our heart and all our soul while the other does everything to destroy our life.